The main objective of the "eSkills for Volunteers" Key Action 2 Erasmus+ project is to reinforce ICT digital knowledge in order to strengthen social inclusion and uniform the basis of work of ICT-active organisations. The expected outcome is to improve quality of awareness, raising activities and also encouraging young talents especially from diverse, fewer opportunities or disadvantaged backgrounds.
The outputs will specifically focus on matters such as recruitment, communication, retention, conflict management and rewards for volunteers in the field of digital education. The duration of the project KA2 “eSkills for Volunteers¨is 20 months.
As part of the dissemination process of the project, several presentations were held in order to share and present the activities and necesity of this project to the target audience (EVS volunteers and youth workers) as well as to young people that study subjects related to ICT and that are possible future EVS volunteers. This event took place in Mobility Friends Campus, Barcelos, Portugal, during march 2017.
The participants to the dissemination were presented an introduction to the project, and were asked to fill in questionnaires related to IT-C skills, which were part of the first phase of the project. Afterwards, the dissemination of the results of the enquiry took place, discussing the differences in needs and expectations of participants around Europe.
During the dissemination were highlighted the specific objectives of the project:
- To empower youth workers and volunteers to fully exploit all the potentials of digital education and digital skills.
- To give the possibility to NGOs to count on volunteers/young ICT experts.
- To establish an innovative way of learning by using Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) methodologies and virtual collaboration.
- To strengthen formal and non-formal learning for young people across Europe.
- To foster inclusive education.